Friday, December 26, 2008

Fireplace Mantel Fever


Not too long after I finished the maple fireplace surround I was contracted to build another one this time out of poplar.I had a picture of a mantel I had done a while back and my client had an image from the web we took the features she liked from both and combined them to create this surround.The Monday before Christmas I removed the old mantel and took the final measurements and was asked if it would be possible to have it done before the holiday, not wanting to set myself up to disappoint I said that I can't guarantee but will try my best. My brain was still fresh my last mantel, I started Tuesday and by Friday night the saw dust settled the mantel was done and I installed it with the help of my Dad the morning of Christmas eve.

4 comments:

  1. Bill

    You are now the best blogger ever!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. i agree. keep it up.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Bill,
    The many $3-7 million apartments I'm doing on Beacon Street use these el cheapo BROSCO "Newport" mantles which we buy-out for $800. They look like a pile of puke compared to your work, but it's what the architect and developer wants!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Murat
    would your architect and developer consider mantles from DFC?

    ReplyDelete