Sunday, June 7, 2009

The McCarthy Mantel & More
















Bill and Maureen took a chance on Doonan Finish Carpentry for their fireplace mantel surround and dual 7' built-ins. My goal was to add Bill to my small but growing list of happy customers. Once the design was finalized and the measurements checked the project could begin. First up was the mantel surround which I built in my shop and installed a week later. Next came the leveling bases, once they were installed the base cabinets started to take shape, the face frame was added and the cabinet top was sized and mounted. Time to build 8 raised panel doors and 6 drawers with raised panel fronts. Once that was complete the upper bookcases were built and the arched face frame attached and crown moulding was added to finish off the units. I really enjoyed working on this project, Bill allowed me the freedom to build my interpretation of his drawing and by doing so create a beautiful mantel & more.





No comments:

Post a Comment